The etiologies of Abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) span a wide spectrum of disorders including structural, endocrine, age-related physiologic changes, and anovulatory bleeding. While the term dysfunctional uterine bleeding has often been used to refer to abnormal menstrual bleeding in anovulatory women who have no medical illness or pelvic pathology, the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) supports the discontinuation of the term dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
1. Describe the principal causes of abnormal uterine bleeding and the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) classification system.
2. Elicit a pertinent medical history to evaluate abnormal uterine bleeding.
3. List the essential elements of a focused physical examination to investigate the etiology of abnormal uterine bleeding.
4. List and interpret initial laboratory and diagnostic tests to evaluate heavy menstrual bleeding.
5. Interpret the results of selected diagnostic tests to determine the cause of abnormal uterine bleeding.
6. Identify treatments of abnormal uterine bleeding using nonsurgical and surgical methods.
7. Describe the psychosocial impact of abnormal uterine bleeding and effective interventions.
8. Recommend appropriate follow-up that is necessary for a patient with abnormal uterine bleeding.
The target audience are obstetrician–gynecologists.
1. Principal causes of abnormal uterine bleeding
2. The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) classification system
3. Evaluating abnormal uterine bleeding
4. Etiology of abnormal uterine bleeding
5. Treatments of abnormal uterine bleeding - Nonsurgical and Surgical Methods
6. Psychosocial Impact of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding
7. Appropriate follow-up
Dr Hema G
The theory, practical , hospital situations , data shown and live workshop to have the feel in action, made us more aware and broadened our knowledge to handle cardiac patients. It was a great learning experience and I wont change any aspect of the course.
Dr Hemang Agrawal
Great learning experience! Instructors and content truly differentiates GE programs. Special thanks to faculty for making it more interactive and useful. Would highly recommend to my peers and colleagues!
I am completely satisfied by the program. The content, faculty were well planned, over all experience was superb!