Workflow is a sequence of logical steps or operations for systematic communication and processing of the information. Radiology workflow is reliable, repeatable sequence of systematic operations to carry out the entire procedure in the radiology department. The workflow defines a series of tasks wherein information in the form of process roles, documents, images, reports and signatures are passed from one resource to another for action. Radiology workflow consists of pre-designated tasks assigned to different people or automated systems for smooth and easy management of the radiological procedure. It also helps in automating redundant tasks and ensures the follow-up of incomplete tasks.
After completing this course, you will be able to
- identify the different steps involved in radiology workflow.
- analyse the importance of patient management in radiology workflow.
- discuss the functions of admit discharge transfer system (ADT), radiology information system (RIS), hospital information system (HIS), picture archiving and communication system (PACS) and image acquisition modality system; and
- review the different methods of reporting by a radiologist.
This course is recommended for entry level technicians.
- Understanding Radiology Workflow
- First-Aid in Radiology
- Interpretation of a Physician’s Prescription
- Consent Form and Usage
- Adverse Reaction to Contrast Media/li>
Dr Hema G
The theory, practical , hospital situations , data shown and live workshop to have the feel in action, made us more aware and broadened our knowledge to handle cardiac patients. It was a great learning experience and I wont change any aspect of the course.
Dr Hemang Agrawal
Great learning experience! Instructors and content truly differentiates GE programs. Special thanks to faculty for making it more interactive and useful. Would highly recommend to my peers and colleagues!
I am completely satisfied by the program. The content, faculty were well planned, over all experience was superb!