The ACOG eModule, Infectious Diseases – I, was developed specifically as a learning resource for the practicing obstetrician–gynecologist. In the United States alone, more than 2 million gynecologic and obstetric surgical procedures are performed each year. Surgical site infection remains the most common surgical complication and the third most frequently reported nosocomial infection among hospitalized patients.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
1. Identify and prevent surgical site infections after gynecologic and obstetric procedures;
2. Diagnose and manage gynecologic and obstetric postoperative infections; and
3. Explain the treatment of urinary tract infections.
The target audience are obstetrician–gynecologists.
1. Prevention of Surgical Site Infections After Gynecologic and Obstetric Procedures
2. The Diagnosis and Treatment of Obstetric and Gynecologic Postoperative Infections
3. Urinary Tract Infections
Dr Hema G
The theory, practical , hospital situations , data shown and live workshop to have the feel in action, made us more aware and broadened our knowledge to handle cardiac patients. It was a great learning experience and I wont change any aspect of the course.
Dr Hemang Agrawal
Great learning experience! Instructors and content truly differentiates GE programs. Special thanks to faculty for making it more interactive and useful. Would highly recommend to my peers and colleagues!
I am completely satisfied by the program. The content, faculty were well planned, over all experience was superb!