Workflow is a sequence of logical steps or operations for systematic communication and processing of the information. Radiology workflow is reliable, repeatable sequence of systematic operations to carry out the entire procedure in the radiology department. The workflow defines a series of tasks wherein information in the form of process roles, documents, images, reports and signatures are passed from one resource to another for action. Radiology workflow consists of pre-designated tasks assigned to different people or automated systems for smooth and easy management of the radiological procedure. It also helps in automating redundant tasks and ensures the follow-up of incomplete tasks.
After completing this course, you will be able to
- identify the different steps involved in radiology workflow.
- analyse the importance of patient management in radiology workflow.
- discuss the functions of admit discharge transfer system (ADT), radiology information system (RIS), hospital information system (HIS), picture archiving and communication system (PACS) and image acquisition modality system; and
- review the different methods of reporting by a radiologist.
This course is recommended for entry level technicians.
- Understanding Radiology Workflow
- First-Aid in Radiology
- Interpretation of a Physician’s Prescription
- Consent Form and Usage
- Adverse Reaction to Contrast Media/li>