When any equipment has an identified fault that could compromise patient safety, diagnosis, or treatment. When an operator discovers a fault, error, or unusual operating condition in an equipment, a record of the details must be kept. When equipment has undergone repair, maintenance or modification, a written record must be made, detailing the work performed. A record maintained of such faults facilitates the performance of the necessary corrective maintenance.
After completing this course, you will be able to
- discuss about record keeping in radiology department; and
- understand the contents of the record in an x-ray department
This course is recommended for entry level technicians.
- Record Keeping is Necessary
- Patient Records
- Equipment Records
- Radiation Incident Records
- Records for Radiation Substance Stored or Discharged