The development of computed tomography (CT) technology has provided a powerful means of visualizing the internal features of the human body, previously seen only during surgery or autopsy. When an abnormality was found in the chest, abdomen, or pelvis, only a surgical biopsy could be performed. This was acceptable if the patient needed surgery; however, for a patient on whom surgery was not an option, there were limited methods of obtaining tissue samples. Today, CT-guided biopsy has become a welcome alternative to surgical exploration and biopsy. This program offers a discussion on the use of CT-guided biopsy.
By the end of this program, the viewer should be able to:
1. Describe the basic procedure for a generic CT-guided biopsy.
2. Explain the basic guidelines for a CT-guided needle biopsy of a bone lesion.
3. Discuss the three characteristics that influence the outcome of a CT-guided transthoracic needle biopsy.
4. Discuss the common complications that can result from a CT-guided transthoracic needle biopsy.
5. Discuss the steps that can be taken to minimize radiation dose during a CT-guided biopsy procedure.
The course is meant for Radiologist who have experience in performing CT on regular basis. A basic knowledge of physics and fundamentals of CT would help you better understand the topics discussed here.
- Patient Preparation
- Basic Biopsy Procedure
- Bone Biopsy
- Transthoracic Needle Biopsy
- Case Studies
- Radiation Dose
Dr Hema G
The theory, practical , hospital situations , data shown and live workshop to have the feel in action, made us more aware and broadened our knowledge to handle cardiac patients. It was a great learning experience and I wont change any aspect of the course.
Dr Hemang Agrawal
Great learning experience! Instructors and content truly differentiates GE programs. Special thanks to faculty for making it more interactive and useful. Would highly recommend to my peers and colleagues!
I am completely satisfied by the program. The content, faculty were well planned, over all experience was superb!