We all have heard the words molecular imaging, but what does this phrase mean? There are several definitions, depending on whom you ask. This program discusses the basics of molecular imaging, looks at the fundamentals of this exciting area of diagnostic imaging, and discusses possible future applications. We also explore the Human Genome Project and basic cellular biology
After completing this program, you should be able to:
1. State the basic principles of molecular imaging.
2. Describe the Human Genome Project (HGP).
3. Define the modalities used in molecular imaging.
4. Discuss future applications of molecular imaging.
Course objectives for this program specifically target nuclear medicine and PET technologists. While not limited to this audience group, the technical content is most effective when applied to people with this training.
1. What is Molecular Imaging?
2. Human Genome Project/Cellular Biology
4. Future Applications