The urinary system plays a significant role in our body. Kidneys are the main functional organs of the urinary system. A pair of bean-shaped kidneys is aligned with the back muscles of the upper abdominal area. They help in the elimination of waste from the body in the form of urine and selectively reabsorb substances essential for the body.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. explain the composition and function of the urinary system.
The course objectives specifically target OT and Anesthesia technicians, and other healthcare professionals
1. Urinary system: Definition
2. Structure and components
3. Function of each component
4. Importance of maintaining fluid balance
5. Maintaining fluid balance
6. Regulation of the urinary system