The cardiovascular system is one of the most important systems of the body. Also known as the circulatory system, it is responsible for the beating of the heart and blood flowing through the body.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
1. define the cardiovascular system; and
2. identify and explain the composition of the cardiovascular system.
The course objectives specifically target OT and Anesthesia technicians, and other allied healthcare professionals
1. Definition and composition
2. Blood: Definition
3. Composition and function of blood
4. Blood formation and clotting
5. Blood types and the Rhesus factor
6. Blood vessels: Definition
8. Types of blood vessels
9. Blood pressure (definition, importance, and maintenance)
10. Heart: Definition
11. Structure and function of the heart
12. Structure and function of each heart valve
13. Conducting system of the heart
14. Maintaining the heart rate
15. Systemic, Pulmonary, and hepato-portal circulation
16. Lymphatic System: Definition
17. Lymphatic System: Components
18. Lymphatic System: Structure and function of each components and composition
Dr Hema G
The theory, practical , hospital situations , data shown and live workshop to have the feel in action, made us more aware and broadened our knowledge to handle cardiac patients. It was a great learning experience and I wont change any aspect of the course.
Dr Hemang Agrawal
Great learning experience! Instructors and content truly differentiates GE programs. Special thanks to faculty for making it more interactive and useful. Would highly recommend to my peers and colleagues!
I am completely satisfied by the program. The content, faculty were well planned, over all experience was superb!