Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) has been defined by the National Institute of Health and Rotterdam criteria as a –
“hormonal disorder characterized by the presence of at least one polycystic ovary (presence of multiple cysts) accompanied by ovulatory dysfunction and excessive secretion of androgens.”
It commonly occurs at reproductive age, and is a heterogeneous disorder.
By the end of this program, the participant should be able to:
1. Apply the good clinical practice recommendations for management of PCOS in the Indian community more effectively;
2. Apply the clinical practice for the diagnosis and treatment of hyperandrogenic disorders in women; and
3. Understand the most important clinical issues confronting physicians and their patients with PCOS.
This course can also be taken by Managers, Supervisors, Nurses, and Healthcare Providers.
• The Indian Fertility Society
• AACE - Medical Guidelines
• AACE - Clinical Review