This course reviews the rationale for insulin regimens and explains the nursing implications for each type of insulin therapy. Strategies to manage and prevent hypoglycemia, one of the greatest perils of diabetes management when patients are in the hospital, are presented. Practical information is provided regarding survival skills of diabetes education for the hospitalized patient. Case examples are reviewed to enhance learning.
By the end of this program, the participant should be able to:
1. Discuss the rationale for insulin regimens and nursing implications for each
2. Identify strategies to manage and prevent hypoglycemia.
3. Describe the survival skills of diabetes education for the hospitalized patient.
This course can also be taken by nurses and healthcare professionals.
- Diabetes Overview
- Inpatient Glucose Management
- Hyperglycemic Crisis
- Discharge Plan & Patient Education
- Patient Case Scenarios