Alzheimer’s, a progressive and fatal brain disease, is the most common form of dementia. Currently it has no cure. This presentation reviews Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and provides insight into their effect on the brain. Important tips and hints for optimal patient communication are discussed.
By the end of this program, the participant should be able to:
1. Describe the effects Alzheimer’s disease and dementia have on the brain.
2. Identify important keys to communication with patients with Alzheimer’s.
3. Utilize concepts and techniques to provide optimal care for patients with Alzheimer’s disease and their families.
This course is meant for nurses.
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Areas of the Brain Affected
- Keys to Communication
- Frequently Asked Questions