This course reviews the definitions of pain, explores the challenges in pain management, and provides tools to help with pain assessment. Non-pharmacological and pharmacological interventions are discussed. Case scenarios are presented to help nurses assess and manage pain in practice.
By the end of this program, the participant should be able to:
1. Define pain.
2. List three barriers to pain management.
3. Identify two pain assessment tools.
4. Discuss the proper usage of range orders.
5. Define addiction.
6. Verbalize how biases can influence pain management.
This course is intended for Nurses.
- What is Pain?
- Pain Assessment
- Pain Interventions and Management