It is important to keep the equipment and the overall space of the operating room clean to prevent infections. In modern days, the whole procedure of maintaining cleanliness in the operating room is termed as Asepsis or "no infection" zone.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Identify the need for sterilization.
2. Determine the equipment needed for surgical and anesthetic sterilization.
3. Describe the methods needed for surgical and anesthetic sterilization.
4. Describe the methods and agents needed to sterilize an operation theater.
5. Describe the procedure for cleaning and maintaining anesthetic and surgical equipment sterilization.
The course objectives specifically target OT and Anesthesia technicians.
1. Introduction to Sterilization
2. Equipment Sterilization
3. Equipment Maintenance