In order to ensure that patients do not feel the severe pain associated with surgical procedures, they are administered with agents by intravenous injections or inhalation. These agents are called general anesthetics.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
1. Identify the different types of anesthesia technology and equipment.
2. Describe the different methods of administering anesthesia with their precautions and contraindications.
3. Describe the usage of different types of anesthesia machines.
4. Explain the various methods of managing breathing emergencies before and after administering anesthesia.
The course objectives specifically target OT and Anesthesia technicians, and other healthcare professionals
1. Introduction to anesthesia
2. Gas Physics
3. Medical Gas Supply
4. Gas Administration Devices
5. Oxygen Therapy
6. Anesthesia Machines
7. Breathing System
8. Gas Analyzers, Pulse Oximeters, & Carbon Dioxide Monitors
9. Manual Resuscitators
10. Artificial Airways